Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

12

Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
Hello all-I am compiling info on Danny Carjack-and the many discrepancies of the story, I am asking for any insights or links to  great articles on this subject matter. I have Russ Baker's and Danny's interview.
I especially have little info on his school history, we are told he has a Masters from northeastern ? 2012 if anyone has a roster from that graduation. HIs relation with Professor Fox. HIs real name, start up? I have come up with Venvy but cannot confirm this. Any info about his leased Mercedes.
At this point I am documenting his ever changing story.

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

barbara henninger
Wise Owl, I wrote this a long time ago, and there's not anything spectacular in it, but you're welcome to use anything you find.  I’m using basically two widely read media reports one very lengthy one from the Boston Globe called  “102 Hours in pursuit of Marathon suspects” 4/28/13, and Boston.com., “Carjack victim recounts his harrowing night” 4/25/13, Eric Moscowitz, Globe Staff.  So, here goes.

Danny’s Stories

  The carjacking is a crucial part in case against Dzhokar Tsarnaev.  This incident is prominent in both the the Grand Jury Indictment  and also the Criminal Complaint, in which Tamerlan Tsarnaev is said to have admitted to the bombing.

Some of the charges arising from the carjacking include kidnapping and carjacking of Danny (GJ Count 1); the serious bodily injury to Officer Richard Donohue (GJ Count 19); the use and brandishing of a Ruger p95 9mm semiautomatic handgun (GJ Count 20);  robbery of D.M. (“Danny”) of his ATM and PIN number to obtain $800 from his Bank of America account (GJ Count 21); and possession and brandishing of the firearm with threats and violence in furtherance of the carjacking (GJ Count 22).

Because of the serious consequences of these charges, Danny’s story bears close scrutiny, and those of us in the support/research community have diverse theories on the subject, as is natural and healthy when attempting to exercise reason to arrive at the truth.

 Some feel that that the carjacking is a fiction and it never occurred at all.  Others, that it happened and the Tsarnaevs participated, but only as actors in a Homeland Security, or other agency urban warfare drill.  Others thought the carjacking happened, but the carjackers were government agents impersonating the Tsarnaevs,  tasked with setting them up as patsies for the Marathon bombing.   This scenario could explain why Danny saw “Tamerlan” as a “thin” young man, when he is not. Danny, himself, might even have been an unwitting patsy in the operation.

 The inconsistencies within the several accounts of Danny’s experience on the night of April 18th, 2013, are a laughing stock among researchers – or would be if the outcome were not literally a matter of life and death for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. For instance, in one interview, Danny describes the man who first accosted him while texting in his Mercedes, as “a thin young man in dark clothes”.  According to his own chronology, he must be referring to Tamerlan, not Dzhokhar.  Tamerlan, a large man with an athlete’s physique, and weighing around 200 lbs, cannot be considered thin.  Eric Moscowitz, the Globe writer and interviewer of Danny tries to minimize that detail and say Danny was mixed up, but, he did, in fact, call the man “thin”.

As an aside, I find it highly peculiar that Danny, other than in his interview in shadow with John Miller, (former FBI agent, now Chief Senior Something Or Other for some mainstream news network), never speaks himself.  He’s either “channeled” by Eric Moscowitz, reporter for the Boston Globe,  or James Alan Fox, a criminologist from Northeastern University, Danny’s Alma Mater, who is said to be a kind of “councilor” to Danny.  These two individuals present themselves as being so well versed in the saga, Danny need not even be present to speak of his own experience.

  Both these articles set out the official narrative, point by point, making sure to incriminate the Tsarnaevs as much as possible at every turn.  First, the Tamerlan character, while brandishing a silver handgun, admits to the bombing.  “You know about that bombing in Boston?  I did that.”   ( Somebody on a support site pointed out that in a recent movie called Ironman 3, one of the characters makes almost the exact same statement while showing someone a picture of a bombing.)  Tamerlan then admonishes Danny not to look at him.  Why?  He just told him exactly who he was!

 Danny also tells (in one of the stories) that Tamerlan also said “I just killed a policeman in Cambridge.”  Interestingly, although “I did the bombing” makes it into the Criminal Indictment, neither that statement nor the cop murder admission is included in the GJ Indictment.  The indictment charges the Tsarnaevs with threatening to kill Danny, but not one word about the alleged confessions.  Why is that?  Maybe some legal thing I don’t know, or maybe because it’s a tissue of lies.

Tamerlan directs Danny to drive to a location where Dzhokhar, recognized by Danny “100%” as the man on the TV news as Suspect #2.  There, the two suspects transfer some “heavy objects” from a Green Honda into the Mercedes.  These might include some of the “arsenal of weapons” including machetes and machine guns we were told of by early overheated news reports.  Danny thinks they are pieces of luggage, and they may still turn out to be just that.  We are not told so many things.  Someone once remarked that the public tends to be treated like mushrooms – fed shit and kept in the dark.

As the three drive off into the darkened streets, Tamerlan turns on the car radio, seeming (to Danny), to avoid the news. Why would he do that?  The suspects had already brazenly announced to Danny that they had committed two heinous crimes.  Wouldn’t they be anxious to know details of the manhunt that would certainly be underway at that moment?

Early on, before the brothers were described as right wing conspiracy nuts, or, more recently, in the case of Tamerlan, mentally deranged,  we were told that the motive for the Marathon bombing was their hatred of our American freedoms, and government crimes against Muslim countries, much like the 9/11 attack of 2001. This scenario plays so well with Americans, that I suspect we’ll soon be back to that theory.  To underline the foreignness , Danny is able to recount some details to impress upon the public that these individuals are, indeed, Muslims most likely on a mission of violent jihad. First they put in a music CD that Danny characterizes as religious call to prayer.  Tamerlan also tells Danny that he is a Muslim.  Danny cozies up by telling how much the Chinese love Muslims. (The Uyghurs, maybe not so much, but the conversation doesn’t go there.)

After Dzhokhar joins the outing, Danny overhears them speaking in a foreign language, and he can only make out the word: “Manhattan”, and thinks they may be heading there to commit more mayhem with their heavy objects.  But in another version, Danny says they talked “openly” about driving to N.Y., asking him the absurd question of whether his car can be driven to NY.  To me, this question is for the purpose of catapulting the propaganda about terrorizing New York.  At any rate, Danny has dreams that have not come true yet, including a secret sweetheart in NY, and he begins to plan how to escape and save himself and New York City.

At this time, a trip to the ATM is planned, where Dzhokhar allegedly robs Danny’s card and “attempts” to withdraw $800.  The word “attempts” is used in the Criminal Complaint, but is not used in the indictment.  There seems to be some waffling in this part of the story.  In the Globe stories, Danny “estimates” that $800 was withdrawn.  Why estimate?  It’s so easy to look at your bank records. I don’t think it’s quibbling to ask why, in a major news report, they don’t verify how much money was taken.   In other stories, I’ve read that they forced Danny to drive to other branches of the Bank of America in an attempt to draw money from those accounts, but, of course, if you reach your limit at one branch it won’t do any good to go to another branch. As he waits at the ATM, Danny sees a police car drive by with its lights off.  He tries to telepathically contact those policeman for assistance, but they don’t return his call. Fortunately for Danny, the Globe won’t be reporting that he hears voices in his head.  The whole bank story is about as solid as j-e-l-l-o.

As the story ends, Danny prays.  Then he flees.  In one telling, he escapes by outsmarting the carjacker while he was fiddling with the GPS.  Why didn’t Tamerlan go after him?  That course of action risks alerting bystanders that something is amiss, but it couldn’t be worse than letting Danny escape to a location where he was sure to contact the authorities -  this time on a real telephone.

Another version comes from an interview by Jill Heller of International Business Times of the clerk where Danny took refuge, Tarek Ahmed.  Mr. Ahmed said that Danny told him he was pushed out of his car by the carjackers.  He also described Danny as a “young Caucasian man between 20 and 25 years of age.”  Danny is Chinese.

Personally, I think Danny might even have been an unwitting player in this charade because of his behavior after he got away. Tarek Ahmed indicated that Danny was “shaking all over”. Once I talked to a clerk immediately after he was robbed at gunpoint, and he was literally shaking all over.  There was no mistaking his terror and shock.  I think it would be hard to simulate that bodily reaction, but that’s just my hunch.

The police question Danny for more than an hour, then took him in a squad car to do a drive-by identity lineup of suspects they’d picked up that night.  This might be where the “naked man” enters the story. If so, why would the police keep him naked for the lineup?  Certainly the carjackers were clothed during the incident.  The naked man -  so strikingly similar to Tamerlan that Maret Tsarnaeva, paternal aunt of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar,  believed it to be her nephew -  must be the subject of a lengthy investigation on its own.

In closing, Danny is a man with a remarkable memory for events, and is well able to recount details of his ordeal for a 2 ½ hour interview with Boston Globe reporter, Eric Moskowitz.  Danny has, by his side the whole time, his “councilor” James Alan Fox.  We’re never told precisely what Fox’s function is.  Funnily enough,  the same James Alan Fox hovers by the side of the Mobile convenience store clerk, Tarek Ahmed,  during his TV interview with Piers Morgan. Why is he right in the middle of all this?  Is he just a helpful guy – helping the witnesses stay on point with the official story so it doesn’t have to be redacted later?  The segment available on Youtube does not include a prologue that could tell us the reason Fox is there on the scene with the witness.  Maybe there’s a reasonable explanation for Mr. Fox’s omnipresence but until I see it, he remains on my list of “people of interest”.

We are told that Officer Sean Collier of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Police, was gunned down in his patrol car at around 10:30 p.m. by the Tsarnaevs.  The most reported speculation as to motive, was given by MIT Chief of Police John Di Fava.  Chief  Di Fava was the last person to see Collier alive, other than the murderer. He speculates that the Tsarnaevs wanted another gun, and decided to murder an armed policeman to obtain it.  The gun was not found on Officer Collier’s body, but several minutes later and some distance away from his body.  The gun may or may not have been its holster – information is not readily available to the public.  Di Fava further says that the locking mechanism of the holster is what prevented the murderers from having access to the gun.

To shoot six bullets into a man creates a bloody scene.  This can be verified by looking at an aerial view of the crime scene.  Officer Collier suffered massive blood loss and it is all over the pavement in gruesome quantity.  In order to wrest the holster off a man covered in blood, the murderer must have transferred a good deal onto his own clothing.  Danny, with his incredible attention to detail never once says anything about seeing even a drop or a smear of blood on either of the Tsarnaevs, nor have we heard of any bloody clothing being found that would link the Tsarnaevs to the slain policeman.  The same night at about the same time, there was a robbery reported at a story approximately a 15 minute walk from the murder scene.  The robber was photographed by store cameras, and was said to have brandished a handgun.  Regarding that robbery, there are other descriptions of the robber coming across police scanners, ranging from a black male, 120 lbs, to a 200 lb. white man in a cowboy hat.  Why are these details not put before the public and explained away or investigated further?

To finally end up, I’ll tell you something I learned years ago before I killed my TV.  My favorite show used to be called “Homicide, Life on the Streets”, and it was a cop show with the Baltimore Police as the subject.  I remember a big white board they had up in the station.  On it were a list of cases and assigned officers to each case.  As a case was closed, it would be erased from the board.  If a case lingered on the board for more than a short time, the policeman would find himself in very hot water with his boss, because those kinds of stats got the boss in hot water with the police commissioner, who would get in hot water with the mayor, and so on up the food chain.  It was politically necessary to “clear” these cases if you wanted to stay out of hot water.  How you cleared them, was not as important as just wiping the damnable things off that glaring white board next to your name.  I think of that concept a lot, when I see a case where the first suspect arrested takes the fall, whether or not he did the crime.  I believe it happens all the time out of a combination of good intentions to get the crooks off the street, and the political necessity of keeping your ass out of hot water.  I think that’s what has happened here, as concerns law enforcement.  The criminals are still out there, while the fall guy languishes in a cell.  It’s almost too much to bear.  But not even close to what Dzhokhar must bear.

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
Thank you Barbara, this is a big help. Your last paragraph is on the money and it is what my breaks heart in this case.

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

barbara henninger
You are welcome, WO.

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

Crime Reporter

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

barbara henninger
I never saw this before, but Tarek Ahmed says here that Danny came rushing into his station saying to call the cops because the brothers wanted to kill him AND THEY HAD BOMBS.  Danny already said that he thought the "heavy objects" the brothers put in the trunk were luggage.  He never claimed to have seen bombs.  Could be Tarek's faulty memory, but...
Another thing in this article, I have not found anything about a woman finding blood in her basement, but here it says the cops found a pool of blood on the ground 4-5 blocks away from the boat where Jahar ditched the Mercedes.
http://deadspin.com/the-boston-bombing-suspects-final-day-on-the-run-a-re-482469041

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
Allston neighbors saw nothing (if carjack occurred on Brighton Ave, Allston rather than 3rd St. Cambridge or 1001 Cambridge St, Cambridge)

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/allston_brighton/2013/04/in_neighborhood_where_carjacki.html

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
article that says carjack happened in cambridge and victim "released" at gas station
http://nj1015.com/boston-shelter-in-place-lifted-mass-transit-resumes/

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
Ezra  Elizabeth • 21 hours ago
According to @GlobeCullen, tweeting from court, Danny said he was instructed by Tamerlan to drive to Dexter St., in Watertown. Once there, Jahar pulled up behind them. Danny was told to move from the driver's seat to the passenger's seat. Tamerlan and Jahar transfered items from the Honda to the Mercedes. Then they all went to the ATM in the Mercedes. At some point Tamerlan asked him if his Mercedes was equipped with GPS and Danny lied to him and said, no. Then they went back to the Honda and Jahar got his CD player and Garmin GPS. They headed towards Waltham, stopped for gas, Jahar asked for Danny's zip code and credit card but the pumps were shut down or the station was closed. Then they headed for Boston looking for gas. Tamerlan was driving.

Point being, the GPS Danny said Tamerlan had his two hands on was Jahar's, according to Danny, but then everything's according to Danny.

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
Ezra • 4 hours ago
Danny testified he left work after 10:30 PM and drove around to relax, no destination - many tweeted from court, but
Holly Bailey @hollybdc · Mar 12, tweeted:
Meng says he left his office near Kendall Sq just after 10pm to go for a drive in his leased Mercedes SUV.
So which is it, after 10 or after 10:30?
@Laurel_Sweet Mar 12, tweeted: Meng had left work in Central Sq about 10:30 the night Collier died.
So which is it, Kendall or Central Square?

He received a text message while driving on Brighton Ave. and pulled over to read it and respond.

What time was that text? Because he testified that's when Tamerlan pulled up behind him.

What time did they stop in Watertown to transfer items from the Honda to the SUV?

Tamerlan called Jahar at 11:00 PM (citation needed) Jimmysllama blogged: 11:00pm: Tamerlan called Jahar. Records show Jahar was on the Cambridge side of the Charles River at the time of the call. Tamerlan was on the other side. One tweet said that the last call made between the brothers showed them at 45 Laurel Street in Watertown. Yup, I’m just as confused.

They were at the BofA ATM in Watertown Sq. at 11:14 PM

They drive towards Waltham and Jahar tried to buy gas but the station (what station?) was closed.

They returned to the Honda, Danny says "they were in front of the house again (what house?)" Jahar jumped out and came back with his CD player Danny thinks (and Gramlin GPS?)

They drive towards Boston on Soldier's Field Rd. in search of gas.

They arrive at the Memorial Dr. Shell at about 12:15 AM
 • Reply•Share ›
Ronnie S  Ezra • an hour ago
If I recall correctly, the 'hour-long' version of the carjcacking (which we can assume is in operation here because of the BOA Watertown cctv and the Mobil cctv, which are an hour apart according to their timestamps) including the brief stops as described, gives an approximate car speed of around 10 miles per hour. That's one mean Mercedes - were they pushing it ?

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
wiseowl • 15 minutes ago
From Ezra pushed downstream Ezra HAMMER • a day ago

Boston dispatch: 4/18/13 - 8:42 pm @1:40 mark: "Signal 1, Gold, Sir. If you could assist with the kilo 101, the Tango 102, the 9-11, 38 Pratt St. in Brighton, unit number 2. Please be advised, this comes in on the hotline. Supposedly, ah, they think the two suspects, ah, from that bombing, live at that residence."

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
And it continues..........the Merc's average speed on the '90 harrowing minutes' journey was...........LESS THAN 10 MILES PER HOUR.

Just dug up an old time and motion study from the early detailed account of Carjack Dannys '90 harrowing minutes'.
Using the times and landmarks and other information from this article - and a few minor assumptions, it looks like this $50k Mercedes covered a total of between 11 and 12 miles in a stunning 90 minutes.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/met...

Used a conventional route, and assumed that the police station mentioned was Watertown PD, and that the closed petrol station was the one just beyond it.

No wonder the details have been glossed over ever since.
2  • Reply•Share ›

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
Ronnie S • a day ago
The Shell footage.......Merc arrives..........Dzhokhar gets out of the car front passenger side.........and doesn't make any move to get petrol.
Here we go again.........
4  • Reply•Share ›
wiseowl  Ronnie S • a day ago
He made a run for it while Tamerlan pumped gas and Dzhokhar bought snacks. The man said Tamerlan "tried to catch me, but I ran very fast.”
http://insider.foxnews.com/201...
 • Edit• Reply•Share ›
Ronnie S  wiseowl • 19 hours ago
'The guy outside the car tried to catch me using his hand. He tried to catch me, but I ran very fast.”' From Wiseowl's link..

So......Tamerlan is outside of the vehicle operating the petrol pump, but off-screen somwehere. If he was close enough to make a grab for this man, then Tamerlan (a 6-3 heavyweight boxer, wearing a white hat) must be between the front passenger door from where Carjack Danny emerges, and the petrol pump. So whilst he would have been blocking the very avenue of escape that Carjack Danny takes, he is at the same time invisible.

Near enough for jazz ?
 • Reply•Share ›
Ezra  Ronnie S • 19 hours ago
Keep knocking, Ronnie.
1  • Reply•Share ›
jen  Ronnie S • 19 hours ago
Tried to catch him? WHAT THE FUCK? He COULD have caught him, or at least gave chase. This is
total bullshit. AND all those pics we saw over the past 2 years of a very laid back Tam studying the goddam door.
are you kidding? this is entirely edited and you ALL KNOW that!!!
 • Reply•Share ›
Ezra  jen • 19 hours ago
It's shamelessly cinematic, made for popular consumption. Remember that film, Blair Witch Project, promoted as a found footage horror film - drama presented as documentary.
1  • Reply•Share ›
Jennifer O'Harah  Ezra • 16 hours ago
Yes...and oddly enough, the dude that directed or produced the bmb made for TV movie was either
the guy who directed it, or another one very similar to it. Paranormal witness or something. what a joke.
1  • Reply•Share ›
Jennifer O'Harah  Jennifer O'Harah • 16 hours ago
And to add insult to injury, the guy who played Dzhokhar in that phony movie where they make the
footage of everything else look totally unbelievable to the point of giving Tam's charachter carjacking Danny dread locks, but yet in the phony backpack drop on Boylston, made it look JUST like Dzhokhar to confuse people into believing that it WAS real footage. And the actor who played Dzhokhar in that movie also cameo'd as John Lennon in a Lady Gaga video called "Guy".The whole thing is shameful.
1  • Reply•Share ›
wiseowl  Ezra • 19 hours ago
lets pop some popcorn
 • Edit• Reply•Share ›
Ezra  wiseowl • 19 hours ago
I hope the jury will demand to see the unedited video. I know I would.
2  • Reply•Share ›
Ronnie S  wiseowl • a day ago
So where's Tamerlan as Carjack Danny zips away ? The dude was 6-3 wearing a white hat, yet we don't see him outside of the vehicle...
1  • Reply•Share ›
Jennifer O'Harah  Ronnie S • 16 hours ago
If they went there for gas, you would THINK that would be the first thing they did! Even if it WAS cash only.
WHich, it wasn't. ...on thought....WHY is /was it SO important that Danny keep including that lie about it being "cash only"?
 • Reply•Share ›
Jennifer O'Harah  Jennifer O'Harah • 16 hours ago
In other words, if it wasn't "cash only", and they COULD pay at the pump, how would that
have thrown a wrench into this narrative? Why does he ALWAYS say that and sticks to that when
it's pretty easy to know it's a lie.
 • Reply•Share ›
wiseowl  Ronnie S • 20 hours ago
or trying to catch AKA carjack Danny
1  • Edit• Reply•Share ›
wiseowl  Ronnie S • a day ago
hence RB danny is a liar, now Danny is a perjurer
2  • Edit• Reply•Share ›
Guest2  wiseowl • a day ago
Why no cross from defense?

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
• Reply•Share ›
Ezra  Elizabeth • a day ago
[...]

Ronnie S  Ezra • 20 hours ago
Where and when did the brothers acquire the GPS ?
 • Reply•Share ›
Ezra  Ronnie S • 18 hours ago
I have no idea, Ronnie. Interesting question.
 • Reply•Share ›
Ezra  Ronnie S • a day ago
If Danny's "cash only" story were true, Jahar would have entered the store, paid the money and left (wearing Danny's glasses).
3  • Reply•Share ›
wiseowl  Ezra • 20 hours ago
DO we see the clerk yell or by then we just see dt heading back to the merc?
http://thedeaddonottalk.tumblr...
 • Edit• Reply•Share ›
Ezra  wiseowl • 15 hours ago
That is a fascinating link there Wiseowl. Joe Holder, 52, Dunkin Donuts manager, attesting to a police pursuit of the brothers down Memorial Drive from Cambridge. Previously, I'd only heard rumors. It's a story from one of the two customers in the Shell mart video compilation. Interestingly, if you follow the link back to the Boston Herald article, most of that article is missing. Is that because the high speed police chase to Watertown narrative lost out to the Mayberry RFD take down narrative? What can you do, that's Hollywood. The high speed police chase ended up on the cutting room floor.
1  • Reply•Share ›
wiseowl  Ezra

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl

about Pratt address in allston that disappeared
 https://soundcloud.com/jimmysllama

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

wiseowl
Danny to 911 dispatch:

Please help me sir THEY have guns come and help me please
no they took my car like a half an hour ago and they drive me around to find a gas station and they find one on memorial drive
they drove me around yeah we I just go around we look for gas so they can put in gas I just run
please come ok ok my first name is DUN
they are from middle asia, arabia they Muslim look like they from Iran or Iraq somewhere
one guy pretty skinny iran or maybe iraq somewhere middle east? yes!
5'7" (what are they wearing?what kind of jacket ) I don't remember just quickly just quick. they have guns they want to shoota me

Re: Carjack Danny cemented the brothers guilt

Leftcoast5
here is a link to my post over at FDL. I was at trial for Meng's testimony on 3/12/15.
http://my.firedoglake.com/blog/2015/03/15/boston-bombing-news-thursdays-proceedings-in-us-v-tsarnaev/http://

12